Gov't Investment for University, College Research Overhead

So - is this new money or is it simply redirected form another program that did the same thing but has been renamed?

The federal Research Support Fund, formerly known as the Indirect Costs Program, will help the university with overhead or additional costs of research that fall outside of direct investments in postsecondary research.